How to distinguish the material of knitted sweaters?
Nowadays, many sweaters are generally knitted sweaters, and there are many materials for making these sweaters. How to distinguish the materials of knitted sweaters?
1. Feel: Cotton is rougher and harder than other fibers, fine-needle cotton knitted fabrics will feel softer and slippery, while thick knitted sweaters will be stiffer. Wool is smoother and softer, but it is divided into different ranks. Sheep wool is also a kind of wool. Sheep wool feels pierced to the touch. Chemical fibers are generally smooth, and special treatment can change the feel of chemical fibers. Cotton has good air permeability, strong sweat absorption and moisture release, and general warmth retention. Cotton yarn is usually used in spring and summer clothing. Wool has good moisture absorption, especially its warmth retention. Chemical fiber has poor air permeability and hygroscopicity, uncomfortable to wear, and low warmth retention.
2. Appearance: The surface of cotton has no luster, and the luster of wool and chemical fiber is more obvious. There is not much velvet on the surface of sweaters knitted with cotton, and there will be obvious velvet on the surface of wool fibers. The surface velvet of chemical fibers can be determined according to the needs of the product, and there is no certain standard.
3. Burning: Cotton will burn rapidly when it comes into contact with the flame, and can continue to burn after leaving the flame, with the smell of burning paper when it burns, leaving only a small amount of off-white ashes after burning. When the wool burns, it will give off the smell of scorching hair, and the ashes left after burning are black and crisp.
4. One twist will turn into powder.
5. Static electricity: The static electricity phenomenon of cotton fiber clothing is not obvious, wool has certain static electricity phenomenon, and chemical fiber static electricity phenomenon is more serious.